skagit-countyMost Counties in Washington State have their a program for supporting veterans. This week we look at Skagit County.

 In Skagit County Veterans Assistance Program provides assistance for emergency needs, referrals, and advocacy to low-income veterans, their dependents, widows, widowers, and orphans. Its goal is to assist you through a temporary financial hardship.

Help is available with food, gas, rent, utilities, medication, clothing, and in other appropriate areas. Because of limited program funding, the program focuses its efforts on providing help when there are no other resources available. Each year, Veterans Assistance helps about 200 veteran households.

The Veteran must

  • Have honorably served on active duty for more than 180 days for other than training purposes Have resided in Washington State for the last 12 consecutive months
  • Be indigent – the gross income of the veteran and all household members must be below 150% of the Federal Poverty level guidelines.

Required Documentation: 

  • DD 214 Discharge Certificate
  • Washington State Identification or Driver’s License
  • Dependent’s: Marriage license and birth certificates for each child
  • Income: Award letters from VA, DSHS, Social Security, Employment or Unemployment stubs
  • Lease agreement or Mortgage statement
  • Current Utility Bill.

330 Pacific Place
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Phone: (360) 416-7585
Fax: (360) 416-7599
For more information, see

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *